As a psychotherapist, I love helping people live life to the fullest. I give keynote addresses and motivational talks, lead workshops, and consult with patients, organizations, practicing therapists, and medical practitioners.
This site includes a wide range of information and tools including information about my therapy services for individuals, couples, and groups to deepen interpersonal relationships. The site has:
- My articles and publications about leading groups, chronic pain, medical illness, therapy groups, coping with trauma, and tips for self-help groups and organizations
- Check out my You Tube clip about the benefits of group therapy, specifically for people with medical issues and illnesses.
- The Medical Information Form™, a free, downloadable method to help patients to keep track of their medications and list emergency contacts
- The Rollercoaster of Chronic Illness — How to Add Joy to the Ride™, an inspiring podcast
Additionally, you will find:
- Speaking engagements and consultation services for consumers, mental health professionals, medical professionals, and small business owners
- Recommended Readings and News You Can Use
- Health Resources
NEWS and EventsNEW! Just Released by Routledge: Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide, written for managers, leaders of community organizations, book clubs, writer’s groups, and more
Thanks for joining us for on September 11th: An evening with Ann Steiner, Ph.D.
Hurwich Library Fall Event: Alliant International University, San Francisco Campus
Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide
It was great to discuss group work with leaders of all types of groups - discussion groups, peer support, community organizations, and workplace teams.
Dr. Steiner's New Book
My latest book, Help Your Group Thrive: A Workbook and Planning Guide, Routledge Books, written for leaders of work groups, coaches, managers, book and service clubs is now available. This book is also for leaders of community organizations, self-help groups, writer’s and critique groups, and students of the social sciences, among others. Like my popular book for therapists, this workbook and planning guide includes an overview of different kinds of groups, leadership strategies, tips for dealing with common group challenges, and more. These valuable tools will take you from defining your group's mission to helping your group thrive.
Order your copy today! 20% Discount Code: FLR40, Free Shipping, through your local bookseller or on Amazon.
I was honored to present a workshop, The Nuts and Bolts of Creating and Maintaining Groups that Thrive at the American Psychological Association’s Annual Convention August 9th.
Note to Psychotherapists and medical providers: For information of specific clinical relevance for practicing psychotherapists, please see www.PsychotherapyTools.com
DISCLAIMERS: This site is designed for educational purposes and does not accept or host any advertising. Dr. Steiner is solely responsible for the editorial content. Information provided on this site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
This website complies with accepted disability access standards. Find out more information about the Accessibility of the website.